We are very fortunate in our school community to have so many dedicated parents and volunteers – whether you purchased Colectivo Coffee, sorted clothes for the Rummage Sale, promoted Original Works, clipped and counted Box Tops or even just installed the Amazon or iGive widget on your computer, you have played a part in enriching our community! Thanks to the hard work of our families over the past few years, Lake Bluff PTO is in the wonderful position to be able to distribute $5,000 in Education Grants to our teachers. A PTO Subcommittee consisting of Dawn Blackmore (parent and educator), Pat Cebe (Reading Specialist/Educator) Kathryn Kamm (PTO Treasurer) and Radhika Maheshwari (parent) reviewed grant requests for up to $500 per teacher. Look for exciting new projects and equipment in our school after the winter break, including:
- -A high definition video camera, boom microphone and headset monitor for Mr. Karman and Mr. Peterka to teach filmmaking to students
- -New science exploration materials for the K4 classrooms, including Magnetic and Ball Run building sets and a new sand and water table
- -Red Bird Software Licenses for the Advanced Learning Department to supplement differentiated math instruction
- -Standing desks and active seating for various classrooms to experiment and report back on new ways of keeping kids active and engaged in a classroom setting
- -A Bee-keeping EL project to explore the benefits of bees in our ecosystem
Please feel free to contact Kathryn Kamm, Lake Bluff PTO Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-617-5146) with any questions about the grant process. Thank you for your continued support of the Lake Bluff PTO – we can't do this without you!