Welcome to the Recreation and Community Services Department. It is our mission to provide community services and life-long learning opportunities through recreation, education, and fitness programs to enhance the quality of life for residents of the Shorewood community. We accomplish this through a wide variety of programming that includes enrichment and fitness classes for children, families, adults and seniors; a community fitness center, Bright Beginnings Preschool, an aquatics program, special community programming, facilities rental and more.
Wisconsin Parks: Your Best Investment
Click on the video below to learn why Wisconsin Parks are invaluable!
Donation For Recreation
Making a donation to the Recreation Department helps provide financial support to individuals who are unable to afford program fees. To make a donation click here
Recreation Department Office Hours
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
12:30 - 4:30 pm
Closed: May 26, 2017 at 12 noon
Telephone: (414) 963-6913 x 4
VHE Pool Hotline: (414) 963-6913 x 1
Program Cancellations: (414) 963-6913 x 3
Fax: (414) 961-3175
Shorewood High School
Administrative Building, 1st Floor
1701 East Capitol Drive
Shorewood, WI 53211
The Shorewood Recreation and Community Services summer programs will offer a variety of wonderful experiences and opportunities for youth of all ages. To ensure that these experiences are positive for everyone involved and that one child’s behavior does not limit or interfere with another child’s experience, please talk with your child regarding:
1. Respect One Another
• Encourage others rather than put them down.
• Use appropriate language (No name calling).
• Respect each other’s personal space and property.
• Show good sportsmanship and follow all the rules to all games played.
2. Respect the Staff
• Follow directions the first time.
• Speak in a respectful tone.
• Trust the staff to make good decisions.
• Tell a staff member if you are leaving an activity/program.
• Immediately tell a staff member if another participant is physically or verbally bothering you.
3. Respect the Environment
• Always use equipment and furniture for the purpose it was designed.
• Walk, do not run inside the buildings.
• Report all broken equipment immediately to staff.
• Care for our outdoor and indoor surroundings.
• Clean up after yourself before leaving an area.
The Recreation Department wants all children to have a fun summer in our programs. A safe environment is most important. If a child is disruptive in programs, refuses to follow the directions of our instructors, or endangers the health and safety of other participants or staff, parents/guardians will be notified to discuss the situation. Each situation will be handled on a case by case basis.
The Shorewood Recreation Department is here to serve you. If you have any questions, concerns or comments on our programs and/or instructors, please contact us at 414-963-6913 x 4.
Sincerely, Deb Stolz, Recreation Director
Shorewood Recreation Department
Deb Stolz - Director
Megan Welch - Recreation Supervisor
Justin Calvert - Recreation Supervisor
Jake Wilson - Fitness Center Manager
Nora Rangel-Kubacki - Recreation Secretary
Barb Xistris - Recreation Secretary
Plus the 100+ seasonal instructors who work very hard to provide you with the selection and quality of programs offered year-round!