Shorewood School District Receives Facilities Assessment Findings
View the TMJ4 segment surrounding our facilities study.
Master Planning Update June 2017
- Over the last year, Shorewood School District staff, administration, school board members and Shorewood community members have collaborated with Eppstein Uhen Architects and Miron Construction to move through the master planning process.
- The Shorewood School District’s staff input, as well as that of the community, has driven and defined the process of creating a district-wide Master Plan and priorities within it.
- Throughout all the engagement sessions over the past year, four main themes have been identified as key parts of the District’s Master Plan:
- Safety & Security: Creating safe and secure buildings while taking into account their entrances and unique layouts
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance: Ensuring that Shorewood schools are accessible to all
- Capital Maintenance: Honoring and preserving the history of Shorewood’s unique buildings while addressing building systems and infrastructure needs while developing fiscally, responsible, long-term facilities solutions
- Modern Learning Environments: Providing appropriate, flexible learning spaces and technology infrastructure to support existing and/or future programming for students
An update on the master planning process is being presented to the School Board, staff, and broader community on Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 7:00p.m., at the Shorewood High School Library.
In the fall of 2017, there will be further staff engagement as well as additional opportunities for the public to be involved in the master planning process. The goal is to continue to work together to best plan for the future of Shorewood Schools as we modernize our historic facilities.
Shorewood School District Population Study
Shorewood School District Facilities Assessment Executive Summary
Shorewood School District Facilities Assessment Summary Board Report
Shorewood School District Utilization and Capacity Report
Atwater Elementary Facilities Assessment
Lake Bluff Elementary Facilities Assessment
Shorewood Intermediate School Facilities Assessment
Shorewood High School Facilities Assessment
Community Workshop Presentation
Feedback from Community Workshop