The Shorewood Recreation and Community Services Department, the Village of Shorewood, and the Lake Bluff Ice Rink Captains are proud to present the 3rd Annual Shorewood Chill on Saturday, February 8 from noon to 4 p.m. at the Lake Bluff Elementary School ice rink (1600 E. Lake Bluff Blvd).
This fun, free winter event features ice skating, hot chocolate, skate sharpening, snow shoe demonstrations, S’mores in front of warm fire pits, music, food, and much more. No RSVP is necessary.
“The Shorewood Chill is a lively winter event that gives residents a chance to get outdoors and enjoy some fun winter activities,” said Recreation Supervisor Megan Phalin. “We want to give a special thanks to the Lake Bluff Ice Captains Brad Javorsky, Jamie Reeve, Todd DeBlois, Andy Skwierawski, Arthur Ircink, Joshua Manor, Nathan Bayer, and Tim Vander Mel for the time they dedicated not only for this event but their work on the Lake Bluff ice rink every winter.”
The Shorewood Chill community partners would like to thank the following sponsors for their time and availability:
- Bliffert’s Hardware (sharpen skates onsite for $5/pair of skates)
- Sound by Design (DJ services)
- Milwaukee Brat House, Benji’s, Kompali and La Masa Empanada Bar (food available for purchase)
- Shorewood Girls Scouts (serving Colectivo Coffee and hot chocolate)
- Milwaukee Admirals (mascot Roscoe will make an appearance)
- Shorewood Foundation (financial support for the ice rink structure)
- North Shore Fire/Rescue and the Shorewood Police Department (representatives present at event)
If the weather doesn’t cooperate for the event, please call the Shorewood Recreation Department’s weather cancellation line at 414-963-6913 ext. 3. If you have questions, feel free to contact Megan Phalin with the Shorewood Recreation and Community Services Department at 414-963-6913 extension 4 or via email at email@example.com.
No RSVP is necessary. Hope to see you there.