February 23, 2021
Dear students, parents, teachers and school staff,
The Shorewood Public Library is committed to providing excellent library service as we navigate 2021 with COVID-19 still in our midst. We carefully follow established health and safety guidelines for public libraries and regularly consult the North Shore Health Department for guidance. As a result, our library landscape and services look different and we want to make sure you know we are here for you and your family.
First, we want to highlight key library services available now.
- Our doors are open for browsing, picking up holds and using computers six days a week.
- We have virtual programs and “take and make” projects for preschoolers through adults.
- We offer curbside pickup of library materials and “take and make” projects.
- We offer online tutoring help from 2:00pm-11:00pm every day of the week.
We do have some limitations at this time.
- We have reduced seating throughout the library including only one chair per table. Household groups may ask the librarian to provide an additional chair.
- We are unable to accommodate student learning pods, in-person tutoring and group project work due to our limited seating arrangements.
- We have limited computers available; sessions are one hour per day and may be extended.
- Distancing of non-household members and face coverings are mandatory.
In short, the library is ready to serve you and your family safely for the remainder of the school year. Sadly, we remain a poor destination for prolonged visits and out-of-school connecting at this time.
To find our hours of operation, our Library COVID-19 policy, and how we are staying safe at the library, please go to www.shorewoodlibrary.org.
If you have questions or concerns, you can reach me at Rachel.email@example.com or 847-2676.