On Tuesday, the CDC approved the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 5-11. In partnership with the North Shore Health Department (NSHD), the District will host walk-in COVID-19 vaccination clinics for Shorewood students in the Shorewood High School Arena next week.
Advance registration is not available.The NSHD has indicated they have ample supplies and expect to furnish vaccinations to all clinic participants. To participate, you MUST be available on both of these dates:
- First Dose Clinic - Wednesday, November 10, 2:45-4:30 pm
- Second Dose Clinic - Wednesday, December 1, 2:45-4:30 pm
If your student ages 5-11 is receiving the vaccine, you must complete this NSHD Consent and Administration Form prior to your appointment. This form will be available on site for those who do not complete the form in advance. In addition, please note:
- Parents/guardians must accompany their children to each vaccination appointment.
- A 15-30 minute observation time is required after vaccination, so plan accordingly.
- Insurance cards, if applicable, should be brought with you.
- Parking is not allowed on the SHS campus before 3:30pm (school is in session and parking will be patrolled).
- Accessible parking will be available.
- Social distancing will be enforced.
- Masks will be required (inside and outside while in line). ‘
- Read the Vaccine Information Fact Sheet and the NSHD Notice of Privacy Practices prior to attending the clinics.
Please do not contact the District Health Office about scheduling or administration of vaccinations. District staff are experiencing a high volume of calls and will be prioritizing COVID-19 protocol needs, including quarantine, contact tracing, etc. The clinics will be managed and staffed by NSHD personnel only.
The NSHD has indicated there will be additional COVID-19 vaccines available during the clinics for students and adults ages 12+ (both the two-dose series and the booster shot). If you are receiving one of these, you will need to complete this NSHD Consent and Administration Form.
Many area clinics/pharmacies will also be providing COVID-19 vaccine scheduling for ages 5-11. Below are additional resources:
- North Shore Pharmacy - Check back frequently as they will be opening up time slots soon for children 5-11 years of age
- Walgreens - Their website states slots will begin on November 6 for children 5-11 years of age
- CVS - Scheduling now
- Children’s Hospital of WI - Primary Care Clinics - Scheduling now
To assist the District Health Office and your school, if your child experiences side effects as a result of the vaccine and must stay home from school, please indicate that your child has received the vaccine when reporting the absence to your school office.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation with the above guidelines and we look forward to further protecting our students from COVID-19.