The Shorewood Board of Education is seeking applications for an at-large member of the Board to fill a vacancy left by the resignation of Pablo Muirhead. This member will serve through April 2023, and may run for another three-year term after that commitment.
The Board welcomes applications from any interested Shorewood residents. Questions about the role of Board members may be directed to Board President Paru Shah at [email protected].
- Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and completed 2022 Applicant Questionnaire by noon on Monday, August 15, 2022 to Carrie Wettstein, [email protected].
- The list of applicants will be posted to the District website. Any letters of support or references for applicants should also be sent to Ms. Wettstein at [email protected].
- The Board will interview all applicants the week of August 29. Interviews will be 30 minutes for each applicant. Interviews may be conducted via videoconference.
- At the conclusion of the interviews, Board members will schedule a special meeting of the Board.
- Each Board member’s top choice receives 3 points, second choice - 2 points, third choice - 1 point. Three candidates with the most combined points will be identified and will then be voted on again.
- Board members will appoint the new at-large member by casting one vote for one of the top three candidates. The chosen candidate must receive a majority of those present during the vote to be appointed.
- The Board will hold an orientation for the new Board member the week of September 5, and would like to have the new member begin their service on September 13.
Thank you in advance for your assistance in spreading the word.