The framework for this charter school reflects a collective vision and teamwork-oriented student learning. Five interdependent components form the pillars for New Horizons Charter School.
- Co-intentional learning symbolizes the contribution of experience that student and teacher supply towards learning.
- Differentiating instructing offers variety and choice to demonstrate learning.
- Educational stakeholding shares in the responsibility of each student's success.
- Transitioning forms direction towards pursuits such as higher education, employment, or community involvement.
- Providing technology for the 21st century learner to research, construct, and expend learning to others.
Instructing at New Horizons Charter School requires teachers to facilitate learning of traditionally reluctant and disengaged students towards their own empowerement around learning, pursuit of goals, and application of knowledge. This process involves the construction of a "performance culture," which views learning as an instrument for action.