Seed Educational Foundation
The Shorewood Seed Foundation was created by Shorewood Parents to promote excellence in Shorewood Schools. Listed below is contact information for the organization. More information can also be found at shorewoodseed.org.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Melissa Nelsen, President
- John Florsheim, Board Member
- Alec Fraser, Board Member
- Beverly Goldberg, Board Member
- Laura Gough, Board Member
- Tracey Grabowski, Board Member
- Lisa Kovalcik, Board Member
- Sarah McEneany, Board Member
- Tracy Nickolaus, Board Member
- Kathy Rehbein, Board Member
- Stephanie Snyder, Board Member
- Scott Yanoff, Board Member
Interested in joining the SEED Board of Directors? Download an application today.
- To promote educational excellence in Shorewood’s Public Schools.
- To ensure that each Shorewood public school student receives an education responsive to his or her talents and abilities, preparing the student to meet the challenges of the future.
- To act as a catalyst in the community and provide the Shorewood School District with the financial resources necessary to continue its tradition of excellence and innovation.
- To fund quality educational programming and initiatives in our schools that public resources are insufficient to support.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To raise funds for Shorewood public schools via community-wide events, individual gifts, endowments and grants.
- To work in conjunction with the Shorewood School Board, administrators and district educators to identify and approve projects which enhance educational excellence in Shorewood public schools.
- To establish an endowment that provides long-term support.
- To foster community cohesion among Shorewood residents regarding the value of Shorewood public schools.
- To build and maintain alliances with other organizations supporting education in Shorewood; to remain aware of the identities and goals of these other supportive organizations.
- To create a sustainable, fiscally responsible organization; keeping overhead low and maximizing contributions to the schools.
- To maintain financial and organizational accountability through a system of public bylaws and a collaborative grant-making process.
- To act solely as a fundraising mechanism; policy, lobbying and other forms of political advocacy are excluded.
SEED BOARD LIAISONS
- Bryan Davis, Superintendent of Shorewood Schools
- Ruth Treisman, School Board Representative
- Betsey Pichette, Teacher Representative from Shorewood Education Association