Fitness Center Manager
To email someone in the Rec Dept team, please use their first initial and last name followed by shorewood.k12.wi.us. Ex: John Doe, email@example.com.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm and 12:30 - 4:30 pm
Closed: Monday, May 27, and Thursday, July 4
Telephone: 414.963.6913 x 4
VHE Pool Hotline: 414.963.6913 x 1
Program Cancellations: 414.963.6913 x 3
The Shorewood Recreation and Community Services summer programs will offer a variety of wonderful experiences and opportunities for youth of all ages. To ensure that these experiences are positive for everyone involved and that one child’s behavior does not limit or interfere with another child’s experience, please talk with your child regarding:
1. Respect One Another
- Encourage others rather than put them down.
- Use appropriate language (No name calling).
- Respect each other’s personal space and property.
- Show good sportsmanship and follow all the rules to all games played.
2. Respect the Staff
- Follow directions the first time.
- Speak in a respectful tone.
- Trust the staff to make good decisions.
- Tell a staff member if you are leaving an activity/program.
- Immediately tell a staff member if another participant is physically or verbally bothering you.
3. Respect the Environment
- Always use equipment and furniture for the purpose it was designed.
- Walk, do not run inside the buildings.
- Report all broken equipment immediately to staff.
- Care for our outdoor and indoor surroundings.
- Clean up after yourself before leaving an area.
The Recreation Department wants all children to have a fun summer in our programs. A safe environment is most important. If a child is disruptive in programs, refuses to follow the directions of our instructors, or endangers the health and safety of other participants or staff, parents/guardians will be notified to discuss the situation. Each situation will be handled on a case by case basis.
The Shorewood Recreation Department is here to serve you. If you have any questions, concerns or comments on our programs and/or instructors, please contact us at 414.963.6913 x 4.
Not sure where your class is located on the high school campus? Click below for a map of SHS: