With the spread of COVID-19 reaching Wisconsin in early March, the Shorewood Recreation & Community Services Department has taken significant steps to ensure the safety of the staff and participants in our programs. These steps have included cancelling or postponing programs, modifying facilities, changes in program design, detailed staff training, and additional cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
We will be taking the following measures to mitigate the concerns and spread of COVID-19 in our programs and community. These measures may change at any moment based on recommendations from the Shorewood School District and North Shore Health Department.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread through water. However, as pools often welcome groups of people, it’s important that everyone follow social distancing practices, and that pool operators ensure proper pool operation, and spacing and cleaning/sanitizing of deck furniture and other surrounding areas.
- A pool attendant will greet pool patrons in the lobby, outside of locker room doors.
- Patrons may not enter the pool area before checking in with the attendant.
- Pool Attendant will check pool pass, double checking that the pool patron is scheduled for that day/time.
- If a pool patron arrives at a time they are not signed up for, they will not be allowed to swim unless there is an opening.
- Pool patrons can arrive to swim at any time during their 45-minute slot, but must be out of the pool area and locker room 15 minutes after the shift is over.
- If you need to cancel your swim reservation, please call our office directly, 414-963-6913 x 4, you cannot cancel online.
- Hand sanitizer will be available. Please use upon entry and exit.
- Locker rooms only available for pool patrons.
- Lockers will not be available for use, please bring items to the pool deck.
- Showers required before entering the pool.
- Pool patrons will exit through the glass doors or through the locker rooms.
- Only registered lap swimmers for registered times will be allowed into the pool area. No observers allowed at any time.
- Only one lap swimmer per lane and 3 people in the diving well.
- Patrons are expected to swim in the middle of the lane to allow for maximum distance between heads (approximately 7 feet).
- Swimmers will enter and exit the pool in their designated swimming lane.
- If a swimmer needs a ladder to enter or exit the pool, they will need to notify the lifeguard to assist with safely moving to a ladder or another lane.
- Swimmers will adhere to 45-minute swim sessions allowing for proper cleaning and social distancing standards.
- Swimmers will be required to bring their own kickboard, paddles, fins, goggles, and other personal equipment.
- Swimmers' personal items (towels, etc) must remain either on the North bleachers (for lanes 1-3) or South benches (for lanes 4-6), spaced 6ft apart.
- Hot tub and saunas closed.
- Drinking fountains closed. Pool patrons will need to bring their own filled water bottles.
(Monday, September 14 - Sunday, November 8)
Monday, Wednesday & Friday
6:15 - 7:00 am
7:30 - 8:15 am
11:30 am - 12:15 pm
12:45 - 1:30 pm
Tuesday & Thursday
6:45 - 7:30 am
8:00 - 8:45 am
11:30 am - 12:15 pm
12:45 - 1:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday
2:00 - 2:45 pm
3:15 - 4:00 pm
4:30 - 5:15 pm
Due to the increased number of "no shows" by patrons in their reserved time slot, we have decided to open up reservations 1 day prior at 9:30 am. Moving forward, we hope to have more cooperation from lap swimmers. Please understand how it impacts others if you do not call to cancel, or cancel last minute. We have people on waiting lists that would certainly take your spot. Please note: You cannot cancel your swim reservation online. You must email email@example.com, or call our office (414-963-6913 x 4) directly.
Reserve your lane here.
Please note: The Shorewood High School Parking lot is currently under construction. To enjoy our pool, you will need to park on nearby streets, walk, or get dropped off as there will likely be no parking available in the lot.
If you have questions or concerns about our policies, please direct them to Katie Harn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 414-963-6913 x 4.