Student Enrollment for 2023-24 School Year
Note: For currently enrolled families, there is no need to register for the 2023-24 school year at this time! The registration information below is for new 4K students OR families new to the District for the 2023-24 school year.
For NEW Shorewood Students (Resident):
- Complete our easy online registration process!
- If you are NEW to the District, click this "ONLINE REGISTRATION" link. Be sure to choose Registration Year 2023-2024.
You will be asked to:
- fill out your household's demographic data, emergency contacts, and general health information.
- upload two documents to prove Shorewood residency (see below).
- upload your child's Birth Certificate or Passport (for a child born outside the U.S., a passport is required).
If your child turns 4 years old by September 1, 2023 (born on or before 9/1/2019), you may register for fall 4K Kindergarten starting January 1, 2023.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PLACEMENT
Elementary school placement is generally determined by the location of your residence in Shorewood. To verify which elementary school your child is eligible to attend, contact Pupil Services at [email protected] or 414-963-6903.
Lake Bluff Elementary School
1600 E. Lake Bluff Blvd.
Atwater Elementary School
2100 E. Capitol Dr.
Download a more detailed Shorewood Map with District boundaries.
PROOF OF RESIDENCY
In accordance with Wisconsin State Statute, all school districts are required to verify residency for ALL students attending their schools on an annual basis. This applies to both resident and non-resident students (e.g., Chapter 220, Open Enrollment).
- Within the Online Registration application you will be asked to upload documents.
- Make a pdf or take a picture of the document you want to submit and save it.
- Lease documents must include the first and last page and also include the landlord’s or leasing company’s name and phone number.
- All documents must include the parent/guardian’s name and address.
Per Shorewood School District Policy #420, ALL families need to provide one piece of documentation from EACH of the following lists. Your child will not be allowed to attend school until residency is verified.
If your child does NOT reside in Shorewood, there are two paths for them to be able to attend school in the District:
- Become a Resident
Resident students are entitled to receive a free public education in the Shorewood School District and may register to attend at any time. Proof of residency is required at registration.
Apply for Open Enrollment
The Shorewood School Board determines available Open Enrollment seats for the following school year during the month of January, and families may apply during the Open Enrollment application period from February through April. For the 2023-24 school year, there are 46 open enrollment seats available. For more information, visit our Open Enrollment page or call the state's Open Enrollment Information Line at 888-245-2732 or access the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) website.
Watch for information on the District website, social media, and other community outreach methods regarding in-person Open House visitation/orientation events prior to the start of the school year.
Shorewood High School Freshmen Orientation takes place every January.
Visit the District Health Office page for guidance on preparing your child (especially for Kindergarten). Before your child can begin school in the fall, you will need to give their Immunization Record to the District Nurse. Refer to the Vaccination Information page for details.
If you have any questions, please contact Iris Bohan [email protected] in the Pupil Services Office, located in the administration building of Shorewood High School, 1701 E. Capitol Drive, Shorewood, WI 53211. Call 414-963-6903 for more information.