Annual Registration for Fall (2021-22)

The Shorewood School District will return to full-time, in-person learning for students at all grade levels, and our health, safety, and operations policies will follow CDC and Wisconsin Department of Health Services guidance for schools. The first day of the 2021-2022 school year is Wednesday, September 1.
Along with other area districts, we have contracted the Kiel Area School District to provide virtual instruction to any Shorewood student who needs to continue in remote learning. Shorewood staff will not be teaching remote students.

2021-2022 Registration for Continuing Students

Annual Registration will be completely online again this year. There will NOT be an in-person Forms and Fees Day.
Online Registration and residency verification must be completed BEFORE students may receive their 2021-22 schedules. We will only send schedules to families who have completed all of the registration requirements. Schedules will be emailed to families on August 24.
Online Registration and Residency Verification must be completed prior to the first day of school in order for your child to begin attending classes. School begins on September 1, 2021.


All returning families must complete Online Registration, and provide proof of residency. Please do not use your cellphone to complete Online Registration.
    • Be prepared to upload your two documents to prove residency (see below).
    • Log into the Infinite Campus Parent Portal, click the “More” link in the left navigation, then click the “Online Registration” link.
    • If you have misplaced your login credentials for Infinite Campus, please email Iris Bohan in the Pupil Services Office.
    • Check that all of your demographic and emergency contact information is accurate and up-to-date, as teachers and administrators will use this information frequently over the course of the school year. You will also need to complete annual release agreements and permissions.


In accordance with Wisconsin State Statute, all school districts are required to verify residency for ALL students attending their schools on an annual basis. This applies to both resident and non-resident students (e.g., Chapter 220, Open Enrollment).
  • Within the Online Registration application you will be asked to upload documents.
  • Make a pdf or take a picture of the document you want to submit and upload it when prompted.
  • Lease documents must include the first and last page and also include the landlord’s or leasing company’s name and phone number.
  • All documents must include the parent/guardian’s name and address.
Per Shorewood School District Policy #420, ALL families need to provide one piece of documentation from EACH of the following lists. Your child will not be allowed to attend school until residency is verified.

  • Current property tax statement (readily available at Village of Shorewood website)
  • Closing statement if you newly purchased a home (within the previous year)
  • Signed current resident lease (including the landlord’s name, address, and phone number)
  • Current month’s utility bill (must be We Energies, Spectrum, U-Verse, or Dish)
  • Health insurance statement
  • Food Share/Quest benefit statement
  • Medicaid/Badgercare benefit statement
  • W-2, SSI, or other County, State, or Federal benefit statement


Pay your school fees online by going to the "Fees" tab (beginning in early August), in your Infinite Campus Portal. Credit/debit cards and e-checks are accepted with no convenience fee. You may send a check or cash to your student's school if you prefer not to use a credit card.


If your family currently qualifies for Free and Reduced Price School Meals, you must reapply for the 2021-22 school year. Apply online by logging into your Infinite Campus Portal. Click the “More” link in the left navigation, then click the “Meal Benefits” link and start the application.
If your family qualifies for Free and Reduced Price School Meals, you also qualify for reduced or waived school fees, athletic fees, and Recreation & Community Services fees. However, you must give Shorewood School District permission to reduce your children's fees, by checking the "yes" box in the "Other Agreements" section of the application. Or, fill out this form and return it to your student's school at your convenience.


Before your child can begin school in the fall, you will need to provide the District Nurse with any updates to their health conditions/medications and Immunization Record (refer to the Vaccination Information page for details). Visit the District Health Office page for guidance on preparing your child (especially for Kindergarten). 


If you are new to the Shorewood School District, please follow the instructions on this page.


If you have any questions or concerns related to Online Registration or enrollment in the Kiel Virtual Charter School, please contact Iris Bohan in the Pupil Services Office, located in the administration building of Shorewood High School, 1701 E. Capitol Drive, Shorewood, WI 53211. Call 414-963-6903 for more information.


I have no idea where my property tax bill went; I paid it back in January.
It's easy. You can download and print your most recent property tax bill from the Shorewood Village website:  You do not need to know any information other than your street address in order to locate your bill.

I will be living at a Shorewood residence beginning September 1. What should I do?
Use whatever documents you have to show your new residence (lease or closing statement). You will be asked to sign an affidavit indicating the date you will move in, and we will follow up at that time to receive the other required documentation.

Help! I don't have a formal contract with my landlord.
Please contact your landlord to create an agreement. It protects your rights as a tenant, and the District requires it as proof of residency. You can work with your landlord to legitimize the status of your arrangement. A standard rental agreement form is available for about $15 from Wisconsin Legal Blank.

What if the home or lease is not in my name?
You will be required to provide us with signed and notarized "Verification of Residence" forms if your home or lease is not in your name or if your child is living with a relative. Be advised: per the Thayer Rule, your child will not be enrolled in a Shorewood school if the sole reason for residing in Shorewood away from a parent/guardian is to attend school.

I live in Shorewood, but my child's other parent does not. My child only stays with me on certain days of the week. Can I enroll?
Yes, as long as the student under a joint custody order does live part of the time with both parents and either parent resides in Shorewood. The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction does NOT require that the student reside a certain percentage with the resident parent. Both of your child's addresses must be in school records.

Does my cell phone bill count?
We will not accept cell phone carrier statements, because cell phones are not necessarily tied to a particular address. A bill from a telecom company is acceptable only if it includes residential service (aka land line) or other site-based services such as cable TV and internet.

I pay my utility and insurance bills online. Can I give you a printout from a pdf or website?
Yes, but the statement must include the required pieces of information (name, address, and date).

Earlier this year, I already enrolled my child to start kindergarten in the fall. Do I have to upload my documents again?