Atwater and Lake Bluff are our neighborhood elementary schools. While each school has a distinct personality, both schools have a nurturing environment that serves the diverse needs of our students.
Shorewood’s Junior and Senior Kindergarten program introduces students to a learning environment that is relaxed, safe and welcoming. Children grow emotionally and intellectually as they learn with others in a diverse and socially interactive classroom. Kindergarten is the place where they get their first taste of art, music and physical education.
As students progress into first grade and beyond, their world begins to expand as they learn, investigate and explore. During this time, they develop relationships with other students who may become lifelong friends. Parents quickly realize our elementary schools provide a strong foundation for their children and provide a positive base for a lifelong love of learning.
Hallmarks of our schools include:
- Dedicated, innovative, responsive and energetic teachers and staff at all of our schools
- Spanish Instruction begins in 4th grade
- Single or multi-age classroom options
- Character education program that helps our students be responsible, compassionate, honest, and respectful
- Regular instruction in visual art, physical education and performance music
- Integrating real world experiences in the educational program. This includes field trips, guest speakers, special programming, etc.
- Orchestra and band starting in 4th grade.
- Active parent organizations that provide artists-in-residence programs, classroom volunteers, community social gatherings, educational parent forums, and so much more enhance the elementary school experience for students and families